#6 Things to Avoid After Receiving Botox
Although being beautiful is a top priority among many people, there are a number of do’s and don’ts that must be considered after receiving a cosmetic treatment. One of the most popular treatments on the market is Botox, but understanding what needs to be done after the procedure is key to avoid any additional complications.
While there are many advantages to getting the Prescott Botox procedure done, if you don’t follow certain precautionary measures afterward, you could experience unwanted results. Here are things you should avoid after getting your Botox procedure:
1. Messing with Injection Site: You may feel discomfort after the procedure and want to massage or rub the injection area, but this is to be avoided. Your skin needs to recover from the treatment, so any unnecessary movement in that area can produce unwanted results. In addition to massaging the treated area, you should avoid touching the area for at least six hours after the treatment. After the time period has elapsed, you can gently wash the affected area with soap and water.
2. No Drinking: You must avoid large quantities of alcohol after your procedure to avoid any negative reactions such as bruising. Do not consume alcohol at least a few days before and one day after your procedure.
3. Working Out: It is important to let the product settle into your body for the best results for at least 24 hours. In addition to working out, avoid any strenuous activity that can cause harm to you during this time. Give yourself a 24-hour window before resuming any strenuous activity regimens.
4. Laying Down on Your Face: The typical time to recover after a treatment is two to four hours, so although you may want to take a short nap, it’s advised that you plan on doing something else during that time period to avoid lying down on your face.
5. Blood Thinners: Avoid taking any blood thinners right after your procedure. It is best to consult your doctor to see when you can start taking these types of medications again.
6. Heat Exposure: Until the redness and swelling have disappeared, avoid any sunbathing or heat lamp procedures.
Here is a short guide of the do’s and don’ts after having Botox.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly